Bloody poop/puffed up/ not eating

I will! Thank you again!
Hope they improve, please keep me posted on how they are doing.
Okay, today was a terrible day! I lost 2 babies today. The others seem to be no more bloody poops but still just standing around. I’ve gave them water and Corrid today like you said. So do I need to put it down their throat again tomorrow? Or just in their water? Can I give them yogurt? I think they have sour crop now. What needs to happen?

Okay, today was a terrible day! I lost 2 babies today. The others seem to be no more bloody poops but still just standing around. I’ve gave them water and Corrid today like you said. So do I need to put it down their throat again tomorrow? Or just in their water? Can I give them yogurt? I think they have sour crop now. What needs to happen?
Photos of chicks, brooder and poop?

I'm sorry to hear you lost 2 of them.

You have been giving mixed Corid water in addition to the direct dose of Corid right?
No extra supplements or vitamins added to the water or feed?

Do you provide grit for your chicks?

You want to direct dose them for 3 days. Mixed water for 5-7 days.

Yogurt may be o.k. in a small amount. For chicks, about 1tsp each.

What makes you think they have sour crop? Are their crops empty in the morning before they eat/drink or full? Sour smell?

Photos of chicks, brooder and poop?

I'm sorry to hear you lost 2 of them.

You have been giving mixed Corid water in addition to the direct dose of Corid right?
No extra supplements or vitamins added to the water or feed?

Do you provide grit for your chicks?

You want to direct dose them for 3 days. Mixed water for 5-7 days.

Yogurt may be o.k. in a small amount. For chicks, about 1tsp each.

What makes you think they have sour crop? Are their crops empty in the morning before they eat/drink or full? Sour smell?
Yes. I gave them a dose this morning and tonight. And it’s been in their water all day. I’ll change out tomorrow. I’ll also send pictures. When I picked them up this afternoon a couple felt super squishy under their beaks a couple inches.

No extra supplements whatsoever.

I always forget to take my phone out there with me.

Their crop was full tonight when I gave them their dose of Corrid.

No I don’t provide grit. They were eating Chick starter/grower medicated.

Back
Top Bottom