Addy09

Chirping
Jun 18, 2021
One of my six week old chicks have been pooping blood for a week, she is not acting sick or anything I'm so worried! what do I do? HELP!

Last edited:
Welcome To BYC!

Can you please post some photos - housing, poop, chick?
Where are you located in the world? This helps us make recommendations.

Welcome To BYC!

Can you please post some photos - housing, poop, chick?
Where are you located in the world? This helps us make recommendations.
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• 20210618_140250.jpg
    20210618_140250.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210618_140406.jpg
    20210618_140406.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 15
Here are some pictures
Thank you for the photos.

It may be intestinal shedding, but if it's consistent for a week, then I would treat all the chicks with Corid. Liquid Corid dose is 2 tsp per gallon of water and Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

See that she's eating her chick starter well and drinking the mixed Corid solution. Don't add any vitamins/electrolytes or other things to the water during the course of treatment. Make sure feed is fresh, not moldy and that they have access to a source of grit (preferably crushed granite).

Thank you for the photos.

It may be intestinal shedding, but if it's consistent for a week, then I would treat all the chicks with Corid. Liquid Corid dose is 2 tsp per gallon of water and Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

See that she's eating her chick starter well and drinking the mixed Corid solution. Don't add any vitamins/electrolytes or other things to the water during the course of treatment. Make sure feed is fresh, not moldy and that they have access to a source of grit (preferably crushed granite).
Thank you so much one more thing this chick has some kind of disorder that she has a double butt, I don't know if that has something to do with it.

That's interesting. Have you been able to tell if both vents "work"? Like can she poop out of both or is just one "active"?
She does poop out of both of them she has been very hard to take care of since she was a chick she used to have really bad poopy butt, I am worried for when she is laying eggs because I don't want my baby to get hurt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom