Bloody poop!!???!

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
I have two chickens inside at the moment until I can introduce them back into the coop. I’ve been noticing some red dropping but what I woke up to today is crazy! Red liquid shot all over my floor didn’t even land on the paper towels. What’s wrong with them? And how to I help?

Attachments

• 9E4D328F-2BA0-49F2-BB72-8754D9980A6C.jpeg
    9E4D328F-2BA0-49F2-BB72-8754D9980A6C.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 28
Are you in the US?
Did you jumble double check to make sure someone is not injured?
If they are pooping blood you need to run to the store to buy some Corid. Bloody poop is a bad case of coccidiosis and it can kill quick.

Last edited:
I would look for any blood spatter on feeders and note if either hen has any blood coming from a pecked comb or blood feather. Blood in the poop could be coccidiosis or worms. Corid helps treat coccidiosis. Dosage is 1.5 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Worms may be treated with Valbazen or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer. I have found blood spatters before that looked like a massacre, and never found a victim.

Are you in the US?
Did you jumble check to make sure someone is not injured?
If they are pooping blood you need to run to the store to buy some Corid. Bloody poop is a bad case of coccidiosis and it can kill quick.
Yes I’m in the us.
I checked and see no signs injuries a lot of the red liquid is around bits of droppings.
I do have a bottle of Corid on hand. It’s a few years old so hopefully it isn’t expired.

Back
Top Bottom