Bloody Poop!?

Haley Clark

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 2, 2013
Western North Carolina
ok so i just recently posted a thread about my hen being extremely weak, her cone flopping over, pale colored face and mucus colored poop. Well i got wormer, Wazine from the vet which she said to give her and all the food she told me to feed her and also apple cider vinegar in her water because apparently that kills worms. Ok so she perked up and she was acting more normal until yesterday. Yesterday her poop was long and slimy, green. The only way I can explain it is that it looked like a uncut pickle, but a lot smaller. Also her poop has gone to a green color. Today I went down to check on her and there was a pile of solid, normal poop but it was covered in blood and goop and she has layed down all day and her cone is looking worse. What disease does this sound like? and what should I do..

She may have coccidios.you can find out more information on this,go to your search bar and type it in.it would not hurt to treat her with corid or sulmet.i got mine at southern states and tractor supply.good luck.

It is okay for chickens! Its great, kills 9 strains of coccidiosis. As far as dosing, I've not had to use the product (thankfully) so I'm going to let someone else give you advise there.

I had to ask for it and it is in the cattle or horse section.11/2 teaspoon mix with two quarts of water.treat for five days.than repeat in two weeks.treat as soon as possible.

I had to ask for it and it is in the cattle or horse section.11/2 teaspoon mix with two quarts of water.treat for five days.than repeat in two weeks.treat as soon as possible.
one and one half teaspoon .wanted to make sure thats clear.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom