Bloody stool

Valery_Etienne

In the Brooder
May 21, 2023
went to give my rooster some meal worms and watermelon this afternoon and he didn’t get up right away to chow down as he usually does. So I reached in to check on him and when he stood up I noticed some bloody stool. He is in a coop alone and has been since I got him because he is a rescue from fighting. He has recovered from all his injuries and has been fine and healthy for a few weeks now. I checked his vent and don’t see any blood. Picture attached. Is this normal intestinal lining shedding? Should I be concerned? Thank you in advance’

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    922.6 KB · Views: 417
How old is he?
You might want to get some corid.
Not sure of his age as he’s a recent rescue. This photo is a before and after of him from when I rescued him until now. He had it pretty rough before I got him. Rescued from fighting a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    904.4 KB · Views: 26
Not sure of his age as he’s a recent rescue. This photo is a before and after of him from when I rescued him until now. He had it pretty rough before I got him. Rescued from fighting a few weeks ago.
My word. He looked terrible, but great now.

Id start with Corid asap.

2 teaspoons liquid Corid per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water. Do not add any vitamins/supplements or electrolytes to the water during the treatment period.

My word. He looked terrible, but great now.

Id start with Corid asap.

2 teaspoons liquid Corid per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water. Do not add any vitamins/supplements or electrolytes to the water during the treatment period.
Sorry to bother. Just started his corid treatment. I am suspecting I will need to do the drench because he isn’t drinking much and I noticed the water he did drink came back out of his mouth when I picked him up. I sanitized his enclosure and had a question about that. I was told I would need to sanitize it daily until he is well again. Today I used bleach water and scrubbed everything. Do I do that every day? And do I need to be concerned about the water coming back out of his mouth? Could this be anything else besides cocci? Photos of his enclosure included.

Note: this is his permanent enclosure as he is a rescue and cannot be integrated into the flock. He was rescued from fighting. Also, none of my flock are free range and all live in coops because fighting is a problem where I live and free range Roos and hens get lured in and stolen. All of my flock are rescues.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    626.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    634.7 KB · Views: 13
Sorry to bother. Just started his corid treatment. I am suspecting I will need to do the drench because he isn’t drinking much and I noticed the water he did drink came back out of his mouth when I picked him up. I sanitized his enclosure and had a question about that. I was told I would need to sanitize it daily until he is well again. Today I used bleach water and scrubbed everything. Do I do that every day? And do I need to be concerned about the water coming back out of his mouth? Could this be anything else besides cocci? Photos of his enclosure included.

Note: this is his permanent enclosure as he is a rescue and cannot be integrated into the flock. He was rescued from fighting. Also, none of my flock are free range and all live in coops because fighting is a problem where I live and free range Roos and hens get lured in and stolen. All of my flock are rescues.
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @azygous

Would any of you fine folks be able to help here?

He’s not eating, drank a small amount and this is his stool tonight, see picture. Sorry to keep adding to this. I picked him up to give him his oral dose and his crop feels like it has fluid in it. Is this part of cocci?

Attachments

• IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    915 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom