bloody vents on chickens. please help

kealoni

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2016
I woke up this morning to find a dead hen with a bloody vent and now I have 2 more hens with bloody vents but they are acting perfectly fine.
what do I do

I woke up this morning to find a dead hen with a bloody vent and now I have 2 more hens with bloody vents but they are acting perfectly fine.
what do I do
I'm sorry for the loss of your hen. Can you post some pictures? Is the blood coming out of their vents or is it just around it? Are any feathers missing around their vents? What does their poop look like? What is their age? Are any other chickens bullying them or picking on them that you know of?

Last edited:
I will try to post pictures soon. The blood is coming out of the vent. No feathers missing around the vent. They are about 1 year old. I am not sure if anybody is building them. There poop looks normal

I will try to post pictures soon. The blood is coming out of the vent. No feathers missing around the vent. They are about 1 year old. I am not sure if anybody is building them. There poop looks normal
Huuum... :confused: I have never heard of this before. Maybe it could be some sort of problem with their organs? :idunno I'm sorry I'm not much help. I hope someone with more experience comes along. I'm so sorry!! This must be hard on you! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom