Blooie's Blankie Fort

Either she ate something toxic/poisonous (she was a very curious girl) or the sudden heat we got over the last two days (from a high of 60 one day and our usual weather, to over 80 the next, which is abnormally hot here) was too much for her. She was lethargic, and drank a lot yesterday, and was the same this morning. No respiratory issues or injuries. My husband went to mow the back lawn and noticed that she was face down in the dirt, not moving at noon. She was a black sexlink Easter Egger. Most obnoxious, in-your-face personality ever. She had just two copper red feathers on the back of her head, earning the name Penny.
She sure was beautiful. So sorry for your loss. I hope you get a beautiful little mini-Penny :)

Well, took out the automatic turner, put the last 8 eggs in their little color coordinated baskets, and did one more candling. I now only have hope for two of them - the Olive Egger and a Green Magnolia. Disappointed is an understatement, but you know, the sun will still come up tomorrow and the birdies will still sing.

Well, took out the automatic turner, put the last 8 eggs in their little color coordinated baskets, and did one more candling. I now only have hope for two of them - the Olive Egger and a Green Magnolia. Disappointed is an understatement, but you know, the sun will still come up tomorrow and the birdies will still sing.

"After all… tomorrow is another day"

Really pulling for those two little ones!
fl.gif

Well, took out the automatic turner, put the last 8 eggs in their little color coordinated baskets, and did one more candling.  I now only have hope for two of them - the Olive Egger and a Green Magnolia.  Disappointed is an understatement, but you know, the sun will still come up tomorrow and the birdies will still sing.
That's really disappointing, hoping you get those two.

So sorry things aren't going well. My fingers are crossed for the 2! I candled the eggs in my LG bator and had 2 clears, but the others are looking good.

I hope you have better luck with the new eggs you are setting!

Back
Top Bottom