Blooie's Blankie Fort

You don't have to candle every single one. Just 3 or 4 from each incubator. If they are in an auto-turner, you don't even need to take them out of the incubator. Taking the top off isn't going to hurt anything. Remember that broodies get off their nest every day, so a few minutes while you candle isn't the end of the world.
Oh, the cooling part I'm not worried about. When Aggie was brooding she'd leave the nest periodically so I don't worry too much about that aspect of it... I'll buck up and do this even if it makes me a nervous wreck! Boy, more to this incubating stuff than I figured. Glad it safe here in my blankie fort.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Oh, the cooling part I'm not worried about. When Aggie was brooding she'd leave the nest periodically so I don't worry too much about that aspect of it... I'll buck up and do this even if it makes me a nervous wreck! Boy, more to this incubating stuff than I figured. Glad it safe here in my blankie fort.
gig.gif
Too bad you can't make hens go broody when you want them to...

AHEM....AHEM....YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE..... I just finished candling all of the eggs. (Yes, I did all of them instead of a random few) And I am very proud to announce that - I didn't break a single one! <taking a bow>

I still have 6 with obviously moving around air cells. I saw clear spidering in 8. In many of them I saw a big dark blob in the upper half of the egg, like 1/4 to half the shell was solid dark. Dunno what that means. But we'll do it again on the 10th day.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

AHEM....AHEM....YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE..... I just finished candling all of the eggs. (Yes, I did all of them instead of a random few) And I am very proud to announce that - I didn't break a single one! I still have 6 with obviously moving around air cells. I saw clear spidering in 8. In many of them I saw a big dark blob in the upper half of the egg, like 1/4 to half the shell was solid dark. Dunno what that means. But we'll do it again on the 10th day. We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
Yay!!! Good job, blooie!!! :ya :clap

Thank you, thank you very much.  I'll be here all week, folks!  Tips not necessary but greatly appreciated!  :lau

:gig

There is the Blooie we know and love- tips coming right up, if you don't mind being paid with pics of my fuzzbutts? :lau

Oh,MY!  Warning!  Warning Will Robinson!  Cuteness overload!!  

:yuckyuck

Adorable, huh??!!?! I am thrilled, this is my first sucessful hatch- it went great!! :celebrate

Now I don't wanna leave them, ever. The lil brown ones are very special, because they are chicks from the one and only Jace- my super tame OEGB. I just love these gals! :love

I am still way up on cloud nine... Someone please pass the oreos and markers! :weee :lau
-Banti

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom