Blown out eggs!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Mary Of Exeter, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Decided to try it for the first time today. Somehow I ended up making a Christmas tree ornament [​IMG] It's a tad early...but who cares?
    Yeah, that's right...my chickens lay golden eggs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But a question to any of you who also do/have done these, what do YOU do to make them stronger? That one was a little banty egg, so pretty fragile. I'm scared to touch it much [​IMG] 'Fraid it might spontaneously explode, haha.

And pictures of your creations would be wonderful [​IMG] I love seeing pictures of others' art. Makes for good inspiration!

2. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Songster

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    I'd like to try that. How do you blow out the eggs?

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
  4. Mrs. Glassman

Mrs. Glassman Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Cedartown, Georgia
    I was thinking of using Plaster of Paris to fill my blown out eggs. I was planning to use them like ceramic eggs, as dummies for my nest boxes...but it could work for your project too.

5. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I was also wondering if plaster of paris would be alright. I have some of that somewhere, so I think I may try it! I was also thinking some with sand or something else like that to use as dummy eggs. I definitely need some...my pigeons don't understand the meaning of the END of breeding season [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Glassman

Mrs. Glassman Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Cedartown, Georgia
    Beautiful egg, BTW!
    I think I'm going to try the ornament thing too!

DH will be slightly annoyed, only because I will be serving only scrambled eggs for a while!

It's a tradition for me to only use homemade ornaments on my tree, this will fit in perfectly.

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Haha, nothin's wrong with scrambled eggs! [​IMG] Yumm. And thanks for the compliment [​IMG] You're right, these things sound like they'd fit in nice on your tree!

8. Mrs. Glassman

Mrs. Glassman Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Cedartown, Georgia
    I bet they would look great with rhinestones or sequins added...maybe even some beads! If you do more, please post some pics!!

9. cappuccino

cappuccino In the Brooder

May 22, 2009
    RI
    That's an awesome idea. I'm always looking for homemade presents my kids can help with. Thanks.

10. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Songster

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    They would make great homemade gifts for Christmas!! What a Great job! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: