BLRW and White Minorca

kie4

Songster
Jul 21, 2016
Malvern, PA
My Coop
My Coop
It's to early to tell but putting in as a placeholder.
Both 4 weeks old, straight run
BLRW has a really fat comb, I can see that reddening up.
White Minorca's comb is suspicious
My untrained eye can't see any wattles

Last edited:
Where did you get the white Minorca? They have large combs. I would expect to see more comb development by now if it were male, so I think pullet on that one.

Where did you get the white Minorca? They have large combs. I would expect to see more comb development by now if it were male, so I think pullet on that one.

Thanks for the vote for pullet @keesmom! The White Minorca also has very skinny legs so I'm hopeful. Both chicks came from Sandhill via SE PA breeder DHeltzel.

I'm aware it's still early but I'll upload more pics in a week.

Thanks for the vote for pullet @keesmom! The White Minorca also has very skinny legs so I'm hopeful. Both chicks came from Sandhill via SE PA breeder DHeltzel.
Thanks! I was wondering where you had managed to get one, because they are not easy to find. My daughter is interested in Minorcas (we have a hatchery buff and a black) and would love some whites. Sandhill is the only source of which I was aware. Hope you do have a pullet.

6 weeks and 5 days old

The White Minorca has had a large comb since we got it. It hasn't grown or changed colour. As the head grows it's not as prominent as at 2 weeks old.

The BLRW on the other hand is developing some small wattles.

Back
Top Bottom