Votes: 1 33.3%
  • cockerel

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

kimandbrian

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
We got this chick at the local feed supply. She was supposed to be a sexed silver laced black wyandotte, but looks more like a blue laced red. We've also noticed "she" is a little more skittish than the rest of our hens and has a slightly brighter comb (black female sex link in the back of picture 1 for comparison). Don't know much about the wyandottes, so please help!

Name the breed & sex. Greatly appreciated. We're hoping that she really is a Gretel, but are a little worried.

Also, if the consensus is cockerel, she/he's up for grabs for anyone in the Treasure Valley, ID area. Let us know.

Sorry, any bird with that much color at 2 months is a male. Even leghorns, notorious for the hens having huge red combs, don't look like that at 2 months. Plus, the darker red shading on the wings is a boy tell-tale.

Oh and a man that used to raise some told me that straight run on these is predominantly male, so you may wanna find some older ones to buy. I'm going to get a hen and a roo very soon. They are the prettiest breed to me!

Wish i had known! They are gorgeous.

If you're interested...

Wish
Oh and a man that used to raise some told me that straight run on these is predominantly male, so you may wanna find some older ones to buy. I'm going to get a hen and a roo very soon. They are the prettiest breed to me![/quot

Back
Top Bottom