Blu-kote?????

fratmor

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
ny,ny
I 've heard that If you use blu kote you can not ever eat that bird is that true anyone out there have more information about this I would love to use it on my birds I used it once and it worked great. then i read that and stopped using it. Now I hear it causes cancer.

I highly doubt that is the case but I will check the back of my can anyway just to see if there is a warning....

It says not for use on horses intended for food but nothing about chickens...

BTW everything causes cancer now a days... lol Well in California anyway

I remember when i was a kid living in Fl. people would put gentian violet on their kids misquito bites. It's a plant that grows wild in the mountains where we live now.. until someone can show me facts about blue-kote causing cancer I will continue to use it, it's good stuff.

The main ingredient in blu-kote is gentain violet ~
quoted from wikipedia ~
Gentian violet has antibacterial, antifungal, and anthelmintic properties.It is commonly used for:

* Marking the skin for surgery preparation and allergy testing
* Tinea; e.g. Athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm
* Candida albicans and related infections; e.g. thrush, yeast infections
* Mouth ulcers
* Impetigo, used primarily before the advent of antibiotics, but still useful to persons who may be allergic to penicillin, as it cleans the open sores and prevents spread of the contagion
* Abrasion; It has also one of the best agents for "scabbing" up an abrasion or "strawberry" type of weeping wound where the flesh is abraded away. It will prevent infection in almost any wound or burn and quickly help the epithelium form a scab. It does not burn when applied and temporary skin discoloration is a minor side effect.​

Quote:
are you going to eat the chickens when they are done laying?

I already ate em...back in the early 80's when I had chickens and hogs and used Blu-kote on both...still here typing and eating pork rinds.

Back
Top Bottom