Blue Ameraucana/Cream Legbar Cross

This is absolutely the case, at least with the one & only CL. Her eggs are a matte finish & my BA eggs range anywhere from satin to a beautiful glossy tone.
Way back at the coop forums there was this member that had Rapanui hens that laid very glossy blue eggs, they were very beautiful, let me see if I can find old pics of them

Lavender is a recessive gene that when it pairs up modified black feathers to look lavender. The CL hen will not have a lavender gene so the single recessive lavender gene from Dad will have no effect. The chicks should look black, not blue.

As I said in the earlier post, the CL hen is barred. That means the boys will be barred the girls will not. So black sex links.

Here are the 3 BA/CL cross hens whose father was a splash. These are currently breed by a blue. I think they look identical to my lighter blues minus the beard. Looking forward to their offspring.

Eggs are identical to the BA's.

Attachments

• BA CL cross-a.JPG
    BA CL cross-a.JPG
    932.6 KB · Views: 87
  • BA CL cross-b.JPG
    BA CL cross-b.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • BA CL cross-c.JPG
    BA CL cross-c.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Here are the 3 BA/CL cross hens whose father was a splash. These are currently breed by a blue. I think they look identical to my lighter blues minus the beard. Looking forward to their offspring.

Eggs are identical to the BA's.
They're beautiful!! Curious what their eggs look like?!

Back
Top Bottom