Blue Americana

Make sure you spell the name right. Americana (with the I in the middle) is usually used by hatcheries and is indicative of easter eggers.
The correct spelling is Ameraucana (with an au in the middle). I don't want you to lose credibility over a misspelling.

The bigger one in the back of the 3rd photo is your keeper.
Do you like him for l color ?
Make sure you spell the name right. Americana (with the I in the middle) is usually used by hatcheries and is indicative of easter eggers.
The correct spelling is Ameraucana (with an au in the middle).
The correct spelling is Ameraucana (with an au in the middle). I don't want you to lose credibility over a misspelling.
Thank you.
I don't want you to lose credibility over a misspelling.
I

Thank you, I should have known better. :)

Very nice.
I especially like the first and last, but think they could develop for a bit longer so you can be sure which to choose. Ameraucanas may take a bit longer before you can be sure.
They are all nice, but without their adult plumage it can be hard to pick for color and know their tail and hackle carriage.

For color, I have no comment so far. The color sort of blends together, instead of the nice dark hackle and tail, and lacing on the breast.
Those are among the last factors to develop. The middle two birds seem to have too many different colors on the wing shoulders, though.
That might just be sex feather development, though.

Very nice.
I especially like the first and last, but think they could develop for a bit longer so you can be sure which to choose. Ameraucanas may take a bit longer before you can be sure.
They are all nice, but without their adult plumage it can be hard to pick for color and know their tail and hackle carriage.
Thank you, I'll do that. They haven't even started crowing yet so I know I have a little time. And they all are leaving the ladies alone so far.

Back
Top Bottom