Blue Andalusian or Feed Store Special?

SaintTangerine

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2019
Portland, Oregon
Look like a twisted single...Gah, I still can't tell. Could you catch the little baby and take pics? Sorry.
she absolutely won't stay still! I'll try tonight when she's roosting, but it looks like a single comb. it just now (at 9 weeks) has gotten slightly bigger, so I'm hoping the late appearance means she's a girl and not a roo.

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA
If it's a pea, that's a boy.
But if it's a single it's a girl...Better pics?
At first I thought you were saying that all chickens with pea combs are male (which is clearly false.)

But then I realized you might be judging the sex by the size of the comb, and meaning "a pea comb that big at that age indicates a male" and "a single comb that size at that age would belong to a female."

Is that what you meant?

TheOddOneOut

Free Ranging
Feb 15, 2020
My imagination...
At first I thought you were saying that all chickens with pea combs are male (which is clearly false.)

But then I realized you might be judging the sex by the size of the comb, and meaning "a pea comb that big at that age indicates a male" and "a single comb that size at that age would belong to a female."

Is that what you meant?
Yes, sorry. A pea comb so big at that age would be a sign of males. But a single like that at that age would belong to a girl.

piminuse

Songster
Jul 17, 2020
Portland, OR
Only thing that's throwing me from Andalusian would be the shank color--they look more willow than slate. The beak is pretty yellow too. Could be a sapphire gem?

Jennc-123

Chirping
Jun 18, 2020
Looks like mine. Hatchery chicks. My boys have huge combs already and the girls are small. It's been like that since they were 3 weeks. Yes blue andalusians 🙂

Top Bottom