Blue Andalusian or Feed Store Special?

Look like a twisted single...Gah, I still can't tell. Could you catch the little baby and take pics? Sorry.

Look like a twisted single...Gah, I still can't tell. Could you catch the little baby and take pics? Sorry.
she absolutely won't stay still! I'll try tonight when she's roosting, but it looks like a single comb. it just now (at 9 weeks) has gotten slightly bigger, so I'm hoping the late appearance means she's a girl and not a roo.

If it's a pea, that's a boy.
But if it's a single it's a girl...Better pics?

At first I thought you were saying that all chickens with pea combs are male (which is clearly false.)

But then I realized you might be judging the sex by the size of the comb, and meaning "a pea comb that big at that age indicates a male" and "a single comb that size at that age would belong to a female."

Is that what you meant?

At first I thought you were saying that all chickens with pea combs are male (which is clearly false.)

But then I realized you might be judging the sex by the size of the comb, and meaning "a pea comb that big at that age indicates a male" and "a single comb that size at that age would belong to a female."

Is that what you meant?
Yes, sorry. A pea comb so big at that age would be a sign of males. But a single like that at that age would belong to a girl.

Only thing that's throwing me from Andalusian would be the shank color--they look more willow than slate. The beak is pretty yellow too. Could be a sapphire gem?

Looks like mine. Hatchery chicks. My boys have huge combs already and the girls are small. It's been like that since they were 3 weeks. Yes blue andalusians 🙂

Back
Top Bottom