Blue Andalusian thread!

Hello, I was wondering if my hen was a blue andelusian. That's what she was sold as but she doesn't seem to look like it o.o she's almost 4 now and she's still a big fluffy goofball. If anyone has an idea of what she is it would be great to finally know haha
She looks like a mix to me too. She doesn't look too much like my Blue Andalusian.

I only keep track of how many total eggs I collect daily, not for each specific breed; we have a very diverse flock.
Same here. 19 breeds. We happen to have an Andalusian Roo that we love. I wanted to get him an equal mate, but I had to prove to my husband that she would be worth it. One way was eggs. We are going to get a female. Could not find a pullet gor sale, so we are waiting on eggs. Then we will be waiting for another 21 days or so for her to hatch. Hopefully the sexed is really good. Maybe next year we can supply locals with some birds from this breed.

Last edited:
Same here. 19 breeds. We happen to have an Andalusian Roo that we love. I wanted to get him an equal mate, but I had to prove to my husband that she would be worth it. One way was eggs. We are going to get a female. Could not find a pullet gor sale, so we are waiting on eggs. Then we will be waiting for another 21 days or so for her to hatch. Hopefully the sexed is really good. Maybe next year we can supply locals with some birds from this breed.

We have about as many. We've decided to mail order more, so we can do some breeding. I would venture to say, upon research here on BYC and the rest of the internet you should be able to come up with an estimate.

Some of the parent stock of my Andalusians

You have what is known as a "splash" andalusian pullet there. Then you have the orpington pullet. Then I want to say you have a blue andalusian rooster... however, looking at his tail feathers, he doesn't look like a male. It's his head and the hackle feathers that are saying rooster. You say they're 5 months old? If they're that old, and that rooster hasn't crowed yet, maybe it is a girl. She is way more developed than the other two and that also says boy. It's kind of hard to tell whether or not they are pure, probably mixed, but like I said, it's hard to tell. So, I guess you'll have to wait and see.
Actually the splash is the one that I think is mixed. She has a few feathers on her legs and few tan feathers. Her comb and body are completely different from the other two Andalusians. Could she be a mix? Andi's don't ever have leg feathers, do they?

I'm pretty sure the one you think might be a rooster is a pullet. She is 28 weeks old and my rooster has tried to mate her. She hasn't crowed, but she also hasn't laid any eggs yet. Let me get some more recent pics of her.

Actually the splash is the one that I think is mixed.  She has a few feathers on her legs and few tan feathers.  Her comb and body are completely different from the other two Andalusians. Could she be a mix? Andi's don't ever have leg feathers, do they?  

I'm pretty sure the one you think might be a rooster is a pullet.  She is 28 weeks old and my rooster has tried to mate her.  She hasn't crowed, but she also hasn't laid any eggs yet.  Let me get some more recent pics of her.

Here are some pics.

I am looking for a dozen or so Blue Andalusian hatching eggs if anyone has or knows where I can find some. I am in Eastern Washington.

Thanks, Larry

Back
Top Bottom