Blue Andalusian thread!

I figured I would post some pictures of my show birds this year for you guys to critique. I plan on showing these birds at the Stockton show in january

I figured I would post some pictures of my show birds this year for you guys to critique. I plan on showing these birds at the Stockton show in january

You asked for a critique.

I would say that you have done very well with your birds and are to be commended and you should be proud of them. I'm sure you are.

I'll start with your male because he is directly above where I'm typing and I can look at him while I do so. He looks very nice. Improvements in lacing could happen on his tail and on the feathers of his lower breast directly in front of his legs. I have this same issue with my birds' lacing and so I see it. Other than that, I would like to see him hold his wings a lot higher and tighter. And then finally, a bit more breast on him will give him that "proud" look that he should have.

I cannot tell about his length of fluff for sure because his wing is in the way. It seems to be a problem with all U.S. Andalusians. Most of them have fluff that is too long. I can see his hock joints well below the rest of him and this is proper but it kind of looks like his fluff is bordering on too long. I am working on this as well. Their fluff is to be "rather short" so that the leg stands out and is easily seen.

Your females are beautiful! The only thing I have to say about them is that their fluff is entirely too long. Their hock joints should also be quite visible well below their bellies. Work on getting that fluff shorter. You want to see those thighs because they are to be leggy as well.

Good luck in Modesto. I will be trying to attend. Weather plays a big part in whether I can get over the pass or not and so do finances. Things are tight for us right now but I will be trying to attend. I look forward to seeing your birds in person!

Thanks for the critique.
Ya I definitely need to work on less fluff, but I never even noticed how low my ckrl holds his wings thanks for pointing that out. Do you plan on showing in Modesto if you can make it? I've seen some pictures of your birds and they seem to be real pretty as well.

I only have one Blue Andalusian, from a hatchery. I LOVE their coloring, but I must say she is the strangest bird we've ever had! She chases our cats, sasses the dog and is determined to roost in the trees. She even tried to follow us into the woods on a walk once.
lol.png
She is my daughter's favorite though, and is named Neptune. Do any of you have similar experiences with this breed, or is she an anomaly?
-Liz

This is my hen who got best breed at the national in Modesto. There were only about 10 other andalusians, but I'm happy with it. Her lacing isn't very thick, but I like her ground color and she definitely has some lacing.

Back
Top Bottom