blue andalusian thread

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
Any one wanna share there pics or talk about this breed?? also do u think mine is Show quality? anyone know? 4 months old

103601_43.jpg

103601_028.jpg

103601_018.jpg

103601_014.jpg

Last edited:
We have one as well. It is the first one we have ever had. It looks very much like the one pictured. My grandson wants to show him in 4H. At what age can you tell whether they are up to it or not?

For most birds it easier to tell color quality once they are through thier first molt into full adult feather, color can change a lot with each molt. For Type it varies widely based on breed, some mature physically much slower and some fatser. I like to wait and judge my pullets no earlier than 6 month, and cockrells no earlier than 10 months. for Wyandotte and LF cochin as well as many other large breeds final body size and type can take as long as 16-18 months.

102233_ducks_and_chickens_029.jpg

102233_ducks_and_chickens_028_-_copy.jpg

102233_ducks_and_chickens_027_-_copy.jpg

102233_ducks_and_chickens_069_-_copy.jpg

These are my pretty boys
smile.png
Bobby being the one that is almost solid black with a hint of green on his tail feather
tongue.png

Pleklee is the one with our hens and Nermal is in prison with Bobby at the moment due to misbehavior :p lol

Quote:
Those are very pretty!! Love them!! Do u think mines a Cockrel?? and is this a black one? Cockrel?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/103601_42.jpg

Looks like a rooster to me
tongue.png
and yes he looks like he will be blackish. Kinda like mine. Must be pretty young cause his comb is not very large. But yes it is a rooster or looks to be one. I dont have any Andalusian hens so not sure exactly what a hen looks like as far as Andalusians go. I do have 3 easter egger hens though
smile.png
If youd like to see them I can post pics for you
smile.png

Quote:
Those are very pretty!! Love them!! Do u think mines a Cockrel?? and is this a black one? Cockrel?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/103601_42.jpg

tongue.png
and yes he looks like he will be blackish. Kinda like mine. Must be pretty young cause his comb is not very large. But yes it is a rooster or looks to be one. I dont have any Andalusian hens so not sure exactly what a hen looks like as far as Andalusians go. I do have 3 easter egger hens though
smile.png
smile.png

sure post pics
tongue.png
love chickens. these "cockrels" are 4 months old. i know the blues are showable. Ive showen birds for 4 years and want to show him. But if these are roos i gotta find them a new home, cant have any roos sadly. make to much noise for where i live

Quote:
tongue.png
smile.png
smile.png

sure post pics
tongue.png
love chickens. these "cockrels" are 4 months old. i know the blues are showable. Ive showen birds for 4 years and want to show him. But if these are roos i gotta find them a new home, cant have any roos sadly. make to much noise for where i live

I have 3 roosters and 3 hens. lol Will post pics of my hens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom