BLUE BLUE EGGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

astatula

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Astatula
I will pay $50.00 for 1 hen that will lay exclusively BLUE and I mean ONLY BLUE EGGS. If there are any true Aracauna, Blue egg laying breeders anywhere in the United States, I would like to buy your chickens.

The only requirement is blue eggs, not green/blue, not turquoise, not some blue but a consistent layer of only blue. I do not care about body shape or tufts or rumpless or any other feature of the breed. If you have a chicken, any chicken, that lays only blue eggs, I will come to you and pay you $50.00 per chicken up to 5 chickens.

Please email me or pm me or call me at 407-970-0625 Thanks, Ron

Quote:
a lavender chicken in every yard? Why would you say something like that?

ANYHOW you might want to ask harleysgirl

She sold me some blue eggs covered by a faverolle roo...these eggs were the blue of clouds before a big storm...not patchy, but BLUE. She doesn't ahve a roo from blue eggs...but I have two roos and a hen from those blue eggs. They are three weeks old....so I don't know if the pullet will lay blue or not. She is not up for grabs. One of the two roos I hatched from the eggs is...but I wouldn't want $50 for him.

He is faverollee X EE and GORGEOUSly cute!

I will take some pics tomorrow when it gets light out.

Harleys girl has some pics of her blue eggs, too.

They are WAY bluer than I thought they were from the pics she sent.

Quote:
a lavender chicken in every yard? Why would you say something like that?

ANYHOW you might want to ask harleysgirl

She sold me some blue eggs covered by a faverolle roo...these eggs were the blue of clouds before a big storm...not patchy, but BLUE. She doesn't ahve a roo from blue eggs...but I have two roos and a hen from those blue eggs. They are three weeks old....so I don't know if the pullet will lay blue or not. She is not up for grabs. One of the two roos I hatched from the eggs is...but I wouldn't want $50 for him.

He is faverollee X EE and GORGEOUSly cute!

I will take some pics tomorrow when it gets light out.

Harleys girl has some pics of her blue eggs, too.

They are WAY bluer than I thought they were from the pics she sent.

But those babies won't lay blue eggs if they are out of a fav roo. As cute as they sound!

Quote:
Hi Ron
smile.png

I am curious.... why do you want a blue egg layer so bad? $50 is a high price to pay for a hen, although I am not sure Id sell any of mine for $50. They lay the sort of eggs you are looking for, but to replace them with new chicks would take me about 8 months to grow them out to laying age. Are you interested in hatching eggs or chicks? You dont want a rooster for breeding? where are you located?

3105034247_01a3a3afc0.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone. I live in Astatula Florida, near Clermont, Florida, it is one of the only places in Florida with rolling hills.

I wanted blue egg layers because I am looking for variety in color. I have BCM's for the darkest brown egg you will ever see, from Jesse, The Black Copper King, he has some of the best BCM's around, and I feel lucky I got some of his.

I have Welsumers from Channing Grisham and John Hall for the red/brown eggs.

I also have Barnevelders for red/brown eggs, but also for the plumage they display.

Those blue eggs in your picture are what I am looking for, or even pale blue, but blue and consistently blue.

I will at some point add some EE's for the greens and pinks, but numbers of coops and coop size limits all things.

Last, I am not as interested in hatching eggs as I am chicks or pol hens, but if that is my only option, I will go that way.

If you have chicks that are expected to lay those blue eggs I am interested. I would take 10 only, or less if you can ship them safely or if you are in Florida I will come to you. Let me know if this is possible and I will see you this weekend. Thanks, Ron

Quote:
that's odd, never seen anyone put white in with blue
hu.gif
(birds, not eggs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom