Blue chickens

What are these blue chicks. I was hoping these were sapphire gems but when I ended up with a couple roosters I figured they must be some other new blue type. I then was thinking maybe blue Australorp as they were marked Australorp but from most pictures I’ve seen they all have dark legs. This cockerel has lighter color legs like I would expect from the sapphire gem rooster but no barring gene present. They are now 3 months old. Any guesses what they could be? They are extremely sweet and easy going even at this age. Most of my chicks don’t calm down like this until POL. Anyone have a list of blue chicks that are out there now. Seems like there are so many. Also just to note the other rooster that I rehomed had a walnut like comb or modified Rose comb. Could just be from hatchery quality as it apparently happens but I wondered if it could be a clue on the breeding.

View attachment 2171144View attachment 2171145 View attachment 2171140
The black and silver roo is an EE, and he has a pea comb. The others may be Sapphire Gems.
Or blue Rocks.

The black and silver roo is an EE, and he has a pea comb. The others may be Sapphire Gems.
Or blue Rocks.
Yes, I have two male EE’s I haven’t decided which to keep as I like them both. I ended up with a lot of roosters this year. I have raised many sapphire gems and these seem slightly different. The males definitely don’t follow what sapphire gem males should look like so that’s why I ruled them out. Except for the leg color they fit Australorps.

I am still guessing lavender Orpington
Thank you. They seem more blue than lavender but apparently they do have blue Orpingtons so I may have to see how they mature and if they puff out like orpingtons. They came from TSC though so I doubt they would have that type and color. They were labeled Australorps but TSC doesn’t usually carry blue so I figured they were mislabeled.

Back
Top Bottom