Blue comb only 60 degrees?

Thank you so much I really had a panic.I noticed now that she out in the sun she is getting red again.But she is not foraging at all today just in the sun.
Gave amoxi first dose doubled .also sprayed her wings and rubbed her comb and eyes and head good with warm vetrx.Then I fed her a can of tuna .She is eating and drinking food getting her color back. Her comb is very rough & dry.Is this part of a molt her rough comb?

Screenshot_20211020-124636_Messenger.jpg
There is not enough in there to treat her. The amoxicillin dose for chickens is *much* higher than it is for cats and dogs, A five-pound chicken should 5.7 ml twice a day.

Gave amoxi first dose doubled .also sprayed her wings and rubbed her comb and eyes and head good with warm vetrx.Then I fed her a can of tuna .She is eating and drinking food getting her color back. Her comb is very rough & dry.Is this part of a molt her rough comb?
Unless you can give 5.7 ml twice a day for 7-10 days, I recommend that you stop giving it.

Blue can be from poor circulation or lack of oxygen in the blood. How is her breathing? Any respiratory distress or mucous around her nostrils? Is her abdomen swollen or have any odd lumps? You can check her condition at the breast bone, but do compare with another red - hybrids already aren't that meaty there.

Production reds have a real uphill battle living past their first molt, as we've found from our own experiences. They are not designed to last past that 2 year expiration date, so you may not be able to find a reliable cause of illness aside from knowing she's a breed that is prone to tumors and reproductive issues from their first true molt. Could be early signs of things going down hill for her.

Hopefully not, but the genetic predisposition is there.

Blue can be from poor circulation or lack of oxygen in the blood. How is her breathing? Any respiratory distress or mucous around her nostrils? Is her abdomen swollen or have any odd lumps? You can check her condition at the breast bone, but do compare with another red - hybrids already aren't that meaty there.

Production reds have a real uphill battle living past their first molt, as we've found from our own experiences. They are not designed to last past that 2 year expiration date, so you may not be able to find a reliable cause of illness aside from knowing she's a breed that is prone to tumors and reproductive issues from their first true molt. Could be early signs of things going down hill for her.

Hopefully not, but the genetic predisposition is there.
She has no breathing issues her eyes look good no mucus no snot.She however was sickly when I bought her.She was so pale & kept one eye shut.I wormed her treated her for worms and treated with vetrx and gave b12 compound orally. She got so healthy and pretty she laid huge eggs 6 days a week. Then I noticed she was getting a blue tint again but not like this and quit laying about 3 weeks ago.Her sibling had snot nose water dripping eyes but never got blue.She is barely laying now but treated her for about 5 days and she is really good again.But for this one to show no uri or anything odd or changes except her comb and not foraging like she did.

She has no breathing issues her eyes look good no mucus no snot.She however was sickly when I bought her.She was so pale & kept one eye shut.I wormed her treated her for worms and treated with vetrx and gave b12 compound orally. She got so healthy and pretty she laid huge eggs 6 days a week. Then I noticed she was getting a blue tint again but not like this and quit laying about 3 weeks ago.Her sibling had snot nose water dripping eyes but never got blue.She is barely laying now but treated her for about 5 days and she is really good again.But for this one to show no uri or anything odd or changes except her comb and not foraging like she did.
Reds only get 2 years of reliable egg production, then things drop off dramatically. Honestly, at this age, the less active her reproductive system, the better.

Back
Top Bottom