Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

When you say "chicks" do you mean pretty much at hatch? 

Yes, I start paying attention to the eye color from hatch. This is not to say that I make cull decisions this early in the game, but I take notes that will assist me in cull decisions later on as they are growing out. :)

I wish we'd have a sunny day so I could get a good pic of Dream. She is just gorgeous! Her coloring is so lovely! I just can capture the true colors :(

Last edited:
She's dark blue like my cockerel. Now if we could get them together... :)
Haha fly him on out here to Hawaii
1f60d.png
Ya she's dark blue but the lighter colors under is what I can't capture on film . It's like she's laced with the lighter blue and it looks so gorgeous! Her sister is also a darker blue but doesn't have any of the lighter on her. She also has less feather in on her feet and a feather on each inner wing that has white ?

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I live in upstate South Carolina. I am looking for Black Copper Marans who lay 7 to 8 on the Maran egg color chart. I'd like a rooster and hen, or either one if available. Does anyone know of any within a couple hours of here?

Last edited:

Hatched this guy out of eggs I got from Dave at Fitz Farm. Im really keeping my eye on him. It seems like he's changing every day. In this pic it looks like he's developing a roach back not sure if its just the angle of the pic or not but what do ya'll think?

What are the opinions on my copper blue maran cockerel? Many thanks for any feedback
I'd like to see better pictures of him. The angle is really odd in this pic. You need one of him from the side, from the top, and from the front so we can see him properly. I'd also like a picture of his feet. I don't know if I've seen a blue with wing bows that brown. How old is he?

Back
Top Bottom