Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
one issue(maybe not one at all, depends on preference) I see with the these blue egg layers is that they are mostly leghorns and their eggs are mate blue instead of the shiny blue eggs found on many araucana. the shiny egg trait is recessive to the mate trait. and so far of all of the eggs I have seen on this thread(from the blue egg layers from UA) are mate blue..

here is a shiny vs mate blue

again the shiny blue egg trait is recessive to the mate one. source http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=107865#Post107865

one issue(maybe not one at all, depends on preference) I see with the these blue egg layers is that they are mostly leghorns and their eggs are mate blue instead of the shiny blue eggs found on many araucana. the shiny egg trait is recessive to the mate trait. and so far of all of the eggs I have seen on this thread(from the blue egg layers from UA) are mate blue..

here is a shiny vs mate blue

again the shiny blue egg trait is recessive to the mate one. source http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=107865#Post107865
Those are both very pretty eggs!

I just looked at Araucana egg pictures from a local to me Breeder. They were all Matte and non were shiny. What percentage of Araucanas have shiny eggs?
not many, as I said before its a recessive trait. BUT if you see a satin shine(between mate and shiny) this hen could be hiding the shiny egg trait

all i can say is if you dont like the UofA blue egg layers then dont get any but please alow those that like this breed to talk and share witout the negative and you dont likes

i myself love them they lay LARGE BLUE EGGS AND LOTS OF THEM

Would you say that this is possibly the most productive blue egg layer around? Currently I am looking for exactly that. I've looked at Legbars and cannot find an annual production estimate for their eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom