Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How large were the eggs when they started? Also, how many eggs per week are you getting by now?
The first egg was about 38G. They have been laying about 6 weeks now and usually get 3 eggs a day from the 4. I did get one 59G double Yolked egg. They lay better than the Crele Penedesencas that are with them in the same pen.

Hello, everyone!
I found this thread late, and wondered how the U of AR blue egg layers panned out. I would love to have a strain of pretty birds that lay large blue eggs, how are yours doing?
Angela

After laying almost non-stop for 1 1/2 years mine are going through a hard molt and haven't seen an egg in about 3 weeks.

So, I picked up a little white chick last spring . Supposed to be Americauna, or Auricauna, can't remember. Absolutely NOT either breed. She looks like a White Rock/Plymouth cross. Just started laying, and her eggs are beautiful green-blue. I got her because she was an obvious error. I also picked out a Green Polish from a brood of Cochins. Any ideas what she is? Very healthy chicken.

Last edited:
So, I picked up a little white chick last spring . Supposed to be Americauna, or Auricauna, can't remember. Absolutely NOT either breed. She looks like a White Rock/Plymouth cross. Just started laying, and her eggs are beautiful green-blue. I got her because she was an obvious error. I also picked out a Green Polish from a brood of Cochins. Any ideas what she is? Very healthy chicken.

shes a easter egger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom