Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this breed lay eggs that are actually a true light blue? Not greenish or blue-green or some shade of gray?

True Blue, no green. The pictures do not do them justice though.

This is my first dozen that they laid.

Last edited:
My incubator is going to be free in 3 days. So if anyone has any of these eggs, please PM me. Note: this will make you an enabler in my hatching addiction.
wink.png

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for posting the picture.

I am so hoping that someone has a few eggs they would be willing to sell so I can join the NYD hatch along..........

I hope your find some!

@caj1985 is where mine came from. She is great to work with but hers just finished a molt.

Contact her and get on her list. You will not be disappointed.

I'm subscribing also - would love to buy some chicks in the spring .....

thanks all

I will probably be looking to buy some around May, which should be near peak production time anyhow.

I am debating between these and standard blue Ameraucana to breed back to birds that are very much like the U of A blues, a mix of White Leghorn/Ameraucana/Black Australorp. That hen is by far the friendliest chicken we have ever had and she lays a light blue/green egg just about every day.

How is the temperment of the U of A blues? Similar to leghorns?
Mine are friendlier than my penedesenca and not as friendly as my silver ameraucana . None of my birds are mean. The U of A are curious and will hang around me but not let me pick them up.
I only have 2 hens though so not many to sample from

IM all caught up. Good luck with these birds. I certainly want to give them a try.

I'm in Cincinnati,Oh. I have requested to get on an egg waiting list,but have not yet been confirmed. Id like to get on that egg list,plus try and locate some now. I don't think there are many people breeding though?
They are very nice!

Where are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom