Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Cincinnati,Oh. I have requested to get on an egg waiting list,but have not yet been confirmed. Id like to get on that egg list,plus try and locate some now. I don't think there are many people breeding though?

Mine are not laying now. I hope they will start soon.

Best of luck. How old? What colors are yours. Thanks

They are still pullets--They hatched last Spring.

I have a Blue Cockerel with two Blue and two Splash pullets. I hope to get a nice looking Splash cockerel this year.

The pictures are older but they look like:

The Boy on the pole is the breeder. He is courting the Splash in the other pen.

There are two Crele Penedesencas in there.

Nice. I remember seeing them as I read through. Thanks. Hope all goes well with them.
The pictures are older but they look like: The Boy on the pole is the breeder. He is courting the Splash in the other pen. There are two Crele Penedesencas in there.

My girls have started laying. Fertility is 90% at one week. The only eggs pulled are those I suspect froze in the nest. However, with the weather as cold as it is, it will probably be a little while before I start shipping any eggs. I will start at the top of the waiting list and go down via e-mail in order to find someone ready for delivery when a set of eggs are ready to ship.

I sure hope I am on the waiting list....... if I am not please add me to the list!
You are actually #2 on the list.
wink.png

I've got some U of A Blue eggs coming this spring!
smile.png
They are replacing my Cream Legbars as they only laid small greenish eggs. Maybe it was the stock I received.

I am a little concerned about the flightiness of these birds coming from Leghorn stock. I try to stick to calmer breeds that can be somewhat tame. Maybe not held, but at least come around looking for treats. What are your experience's with this line?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom