Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all that being said, I need to rescue some of these 'blue' egg layers, one egg at a time. When can I drive to the U of A and get some eggs, and how many am I allowed? I wouldn't mind having a flock of blue egg layers. Would I be turned away because I'm no longer a 4H poultry leader?

Ok can we just go back to nice a discussion about this very interesting new possible breed...........
Even if some don't agree, I feel this a win win situation.
1 way we get a cool new breed,
the second way the kids get some awesome project animals for the fair, what could be more pleasing than seeing some very happy smiling children...... with their chickens.
Kim

Folks, I've spent time cleaning this thread, and several flaming/trolling posts have been removed. This is a warning to stay on topic, NO flaming or trolling, or the thread will be closed.

Thanks to those of you who worked/are working to keep this thread helpful & on topic.

I CANDELED MY SONS UofA BLUE EGGS IN MY BATOR TODAY ALL BUT ONE ARE SHOWING NICE DEVELOPMENT

they are verry blue eggs but because they inserted they bule geen into a white egg layer they are verry easy to candel "just as eazly as a white leghorn egg" i think the prodoction blue egg layer may be a growing thing

Folks, I've spent time cleaning this thread, and several flaming/trolling posts have been removed. This is a warning to stay on topic, NO flaming or trolling, or the thread will be closed.

Thanks to those of you who worked/are working to keep this thread helpful & on topic.
I had to drive to Little Rock and buy plywood today. Thanks Wynette for helping us preserve this thread!

Wynette, did you get to meet Dr. Bramwell at Crossroads?

I CANDELED MY SONS UofA BLUE EGGS IN MY BATOR TODAY ALL BUT ONE ARE SHOWING NICE DEVELOPMENT

they are verry blue eggs but because they inserted they bule geen into a white egg layer they are verry easy to candel "just as eazly as a white leghorn egg" i think the prodoction blue egg layer may be a growing thing

We have 6 "B" eggs developing!

Which were the brown colored (brown feathered chickens) strain, and is anyone here hatching those? I haven't seen photos of those yet! Would love to see the other strain . . .

Oh I didn't realize they had 2 colors......... doesn't anyone have any of the other to show differences... would love to see them also...... still keeping an eye out on this thread, though it has slowed doen some, much to my displeasure....... I love thinking that this will be a new production and someday maybe I can get me some eggs. Wi. is a tad far of a drive from Ar., so I will just have to wait. Keep us posted. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom