Blue egg layers in China

Chinese prefer orange yolks to yellow. Usually, the local chicken stocked in the mountain has dark yolk. But now many chicken farms have begun to use oxygenin and lutein, and when things are discovered, people no longer pursue darker yolk color. Some people still use the petals of marigold to feed the hens to get deeper yolk.

As for duck eggs, you should know that there are too many kinds of Chinese food. People usually don't mix chicken eggs with duck eggs and goose eggs. Because there taste are different. Duck eggs are often pickled to make salted duck eggs. Goose eggs need more spices to cook.
My husband sent me this picture last night, which was his, uh, Wednesday morning. I stay confused. Part of his breakfast was the pickled duck eggs.
74D38C3B-3D2E-4688-8B84-D26FA9DE3E8A.jpeg
He loves them, as he does most all of the food he is served. He loves eating at the Peking Duck. And I love reading everything you are writing. Thank you.

How funny, because my DH is in China right now on business and I always have to count up 14 hours to figure out what he’s doing, more specifically, what he’s eating! :eek: I’m always amazed. So I completely understand what you’re saying.

And @AlvinXsu-KMG, thank you so much for all this information. I absolutely love it.
Really? You don't have to worry too much about your husband in China. At least it's safe. Ha ha.

Even if you like Beijing fatty chicken, you can ask him to bring some eggs that you can hatch to the United States. Ha ha, I'm kidding.

My husband sent me this picture last night, which was his, uh, Wednesday morning. I stay confused. Part of his breakfast was the pickled duck eggs.
View attachment 1590170 He loves them, as he does most all of the food he is served. He loves eating at the Peking Duck. And I love reading everything you are writing. Thank you.
Hi, mini. I think the picture you showed me is chicken eggs, not duck eggs. In China, we call it "tea egg".

In fact, cooking is very simple. We cook the eggs with black tea, Chinese soy sauce and some spices, break the eggshells and cook them for a while. If your husband likes tea eggs, he can buy the ingredients in the supermarket. You can use them to cook any chicken eggs in the USA.

Really? You don't have to worry too much about your husband in China. At least it's safe. Ha ha.

Even if you like Beijing fatty chicken, you can ask him to bring some eggs that you can hatch to the United States. Ha ha, I'm kidding.
Oh my word, you are right. He would not be allowed to leave the country with eggs, meat or agriculture. :hitIf so I would LOVE to have some of the beautiful, Lushi breed that you showed...BUT, I would have to worry about him then. :lau And I really want him to come home.

Keep on with all this wonderful information. We all are benefiting greatly from you sharing your knowledge.

Hi, mini. I think the picture you showed me is chicken eggs, not duck eggs. In China, we call it "tea egg".

In fact, cooking is very simple. We cook the eggs with black tea, Chinese soy sauce and some spices, break the eggshells and cook them for a while. If your husband likes tea eggs, he can buy the ingredients in the supermarket. You can use them to cook any chicken eggs in the USA.
How strange. He always sends me pictures (knowing I am jealous) of his food and duck eggs are always a part of his meals, as is duck. They are very large if they’re chicken eggs.

I've never even seen a real goose egg!!!
Lots of people on this site have many chickens. It was hard trying to figure out how much food to feed each of my two hens. One is larger than the other and are kept separate because one has an injury. I use a 3/4 cup measure to fill the food bowl with the organic pellets. After, I top it off with game-cock grains/seeds. I keep a close eye to be sure they don't run out of food. The gamecock food is the most expensive at over a $1.00 a pound.

Mimi. Perhaps the plate is small? Making the eggs look extra big? Or they really are big. Anyway, those soda cans are actually thinner and shorter than U.S. soda cans. The first time I saw it, I was startled. It was during a visit to Korea. Of course, I'm not a hundred percent sure. I've never been to China.

Back
Top Bottom