Blue eggs

Yeah, I did read that due to the way they are bred there is no way of knowing which traits will or will not get passed down. I guess it'll be an adventure with each batch I hatch! ☺️

I am kind of leaning towards the saphire gems as well, mainly because there are two of them. Someone else mentioned that they are a type of hybrid also, so maybe there is a recessive gene or something.
We need pics of them. Everything else is just speculation...

There is a such thing as a Sapphire chicken, which is a cream legbar x Leghorn mix that lays blue eggs. Might you have those?
https://chickenfanatics.com/sapphire/
Mine don't look like the ones in your link. Mine are a really cool grey color. I will take some pics this evening. Is there a place where people just share pics of their girls on this forum?

We need pics of them. Everything else is just speculation...
Here are some pictures of the possible culprits. I couldn't manage a group photo because they are out and about doing what they do.

Attachments

• 20190821_163745.jpg
    20190821_163745.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190821_163452.jpg
    20190821_163452.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20190821_163444.jpg
    20190821_163444.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
That first one "blue" looks like a Legbar cross to me. That could explain the blue eggs.
She was labeled as a "Saphire Gem" at Tractor Supply, but who knows? She could be anything! We only got her and the other one like her because we really liked their coloring. At the end of the day, blue eggs taste just like brown ones. I just figured this would be an interesting conversation to maybe get to know some of y'all a little.

She was labeled as a "Saphire Gem" at Tractor Supply, but who knows? She could be anything! We only got her and the other one like her because we really liked their coloring. At the end of the day, blue eggs taste just like brown ones. I just figured this would be an interesting conversation to maybe get to know some of y'all a little.

I bet she is the one laying blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom