Blue /green egg-layers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DaKid, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Ok here another question which breed of chickens lay's thebest Blue/ green eggs and which is most call for or requested for my chicken lover .

Thanks Alan

2. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    The Ameracauna lay light blue eggs sometimes with a slight greenish tint. The Easter Egger (EE) Chickens lay multiple colors like green, blue, pinkish, tan etc. They are both nice, it probably depends on what you like. The EE are cheaper and easier to find.

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Ameracanas lay blue/ green eggs, Easter Eggers are Ameracana crosses they also lay blue and green eggs. they both come in a variety of colors and have adorable cheek puffs. They also have very small combs which is great if frostbite is a concern. they are easy going birds they are fairly easy to find I tried to get some photos up but the computer does

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Ameracanas lay blue/ green eggs, Easter Eggers are Ameracana crosses they also lay blue and green eggs. they both come in a variety of colors and have adorable cheek puffs. They also have very small combs which is great if frostbite is a concern. they are easy going birds they are fairly easy to find I tried to get some photos up but the computer does not want to cooperate today

5. Painted Spirit

Painted Spirit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    [​IMG]

Don't do it! You'll end up with chicks like this and find yourself even more hooked! Stay away from EE's!!![​IMG]

6. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    Oh, NOW you tell me?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by