Blue Heelers - Will they kill my chickens?

Absolutely will catch and kill your chickens and think it's great fun! LOVE the breed though.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My buddy visits time-to-time, brings his red heelers, when they first get hear they're very excited, they'll try to herd my birds; a little scary at first, god w/ teeth moving quickly towards chicken, but figured it out, trying to herd, not hurt;; worries the chickens a little I expect, but there's never been an injury;

i dont trust ANY dogs around my chickens or other livestock.
no mater how well you know the dog you never know when their insticts as a meat eater and hunter will kick in.
I must disagree with you vehemently. We specifically keep a dog to protect our chickens! We train the dog that the chickens are "family". Once the dog knows this, it protects the flock from various predators that want to eat the girls.

Our neighbor also has chickens and a trained dog. Views our chickens just like her own whenever she comes over this way, and we don't worry about her at all.

Now the random dog...no. Dogs that are not trained and known to be good with chickens are just another predator.

Back
Top Bottom