BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
I have yet to hatch out a black cockerel... the color combination is so striking! Really nice birds, Rinda.
thumbsup.gif

one- and two-day-old isbar chicks! hatched from eggs sent by @dfdesigns

one splash, still trying to figure out how legs work

one black, the last to hatch and *tiny* -- i'm giving it vitamins

and two blues, ridiculously cute.

yay!

I never get a black! Congrats! I hope he pulls through...
fl.gif

i wasn't sure it was ever going to hatch, it pipped but then sat there for 24 hours with no movement at all... finally hatched overnight, but it's definitely smaller and weaker than the others...

and my hatches of shipped eggs are getting better, but slowly -- there were 4 or 5 clears, and then quite a few that started developing but then died somewhere along the way. very happy to have four chicks, though -- added to the three i already have, this could make a nice little flock!

This was too cute not to share................we use LGD's extensively on the ranch to protect all critters. Birds learn from a very young age that the dogs are nothing to be afraid of. In this photo, I was actually in the pen to photograph some young cockerels for a customer. Had one in focus, snapped, and this was the other part of that photo - on the left is a black Isbar cockerel, on the right an SFH cockerel, and the pretty young lady they are communing with is an Akbash named Piwi (sounds like "kiwi").

This was too cute not to share................we use LGD's extensively on the ranch to protect all critters. Birds learn from a very young age that the dogs are nothing to be afraid of. In this photo, I was actually in the pen to photograph some young cockerels for a customer. Had one in focus, snapped, and this was the other part of that photo - on the left is a black Isbar cockerel, on the right an SFH cockerel, and the pretty young lady they are communing with is an Akbash named Piwi (sounds like "kiwi").

Awh! Look how sweet! Piwi is looking at them like really?!?!?!? You talking smack to me?

i took some pictures of my gang today, and here are a few isbars and isbar/marans crosses:

Blue (male) is all isbar, Mabel (blue) and Fern (black) are isbar/marans crosses

Miss Fern!

Blue

Mabel

and two splash isbar pullets, who are still teenagers

her name is Beatrice

Blue trying to impress Fern...

Back
Top Bottom