Blue Laced Gold Wyandottes

JMeghan

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2019
Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone else has any information on Blue Laced Gold Wyandottes?

I have come across pages of a few people who were working on this color variety... is there anyone who still is?
Are they trying to get this recognized as a variety?

I'm curious to know the difference between the Blue Laced Red and Blue Laced Gold... Is there a gene for each color?

Why is this such a rare color when the Blue Laced Red is so popular?

Much like a black, blue and splash mixed pen... wouldn't it be the same with black laced, blue laced and splash laced gold?

Thanks for any information!

I don't know about Wyandottes specifically, but I know a bit about genetics.

I'm curious to know the difference between the Blue Laced Red and Blue Laced Gold... Is there a gene for each color?

The shade of red/gold is the difference. I don't know how many genes are involved in the different shades.

Much like a black, blue and splash mixed pen... wouldn't it be the same with black laced, blue laced and splash laced gold?

Yes.

If you wanted to create Blue Laced Gold, you could start with one Blue Laced Red or Splash Laced Red bird, and cross to a Black Laced Gold. Pick the best offspring that has blue lacing, and cross to another Black Laced Gold. Repeat that step until you have nice gold birds with blue lacing. Genetically simple, just takes some patience and persistence.

I have no idea why the one is so much more available than the other.

If you wanted to create Blue Laced Gold, you could start with one Blue Laced Red or Splash Laced Red bird, and cross to a Black Laced Gold. Pick the best offspring that has blue lacing, and cross to another Black Laced Gold. Repeat that step until you have nice gold birds with blue lacing. Genetically simple, just takes some patience and persistence.

I have no idea why the one is so much more available than the other.

Thank you! I kind of figured it would be created along these lines.
In Australia the Blue Laced Gold is popular, but I cannot find any information in regards to it!

Is this the color you are wanting?
IMG_20200722_195437.jpg
IMG_20200722_195435.jpg
IMG_20200727_183959.jpg

Back
Top Bottom