Blue laced red polish project questions and discussion

Would this be classified as blue-laced gold? I bought this from a breeder as a project color and would love to work on this project with it!
D7144E59-445F-4873-8C6D-EA44E97F38E0.jpeg

@RoostersAreAwesome would you happen to have any advice on the next steps toward blue laced red breeding wise?
Cross the hen you have with a gold laced rooster. Half of the chicks will have the blue gene, and some of those should have pretty good lacing. Once you’ve gotten some good blue laced golds, you’ll have to bring in mahogany, which may be difficult, since even red polish may not have the gene.

Ok, blue-laced-red aficionads, I don't think that's what I have here, but it's the closest thing I can think of to describe this:
IMG_20230108_162618883.jpg

IMG_20230108_162555592.jpg

IMG_20230108_162515884.jpg

What would you call this? Some folks told be blue. Some told me chocolate. I'm just curious. I love this pullet's coloring, but don't know how to describe it. Clearly, she's more gray than anything.

Ok, blue-laced-red aficionads, I don't think that's what I have here, but it's the closest thing I can think of to describe this:
View attachment 3370490
View attachment 3370491
View attachment 3370492

What would you call this? Some folks told be blue. Some told me chocolate. I'm just curious. I love this pullet's coloring, but don't know how to describe it. Clearly, she's more gray than anything.
I'd think blue with leakage. Kinda looks like my araucana male but female

Back
Top Bottom