Blue Laced Red Wyandotte coloring?

Is there such a thing as a blue laced gold? I saw someone talking about them a while back and had never heard of such a thing. But this girl's color reminded me of seeing that color mentioned.

If the OP's bird is "splash laced red" why does she look gold and light blue/lavendar? Rather than red a basically "white" like the splash laced reds posted above? (Just trying to learn here. :) )
When you breed splash and splash all the chicks are splash but get lighter each generation if the op bird dont look like the other pics because those are show quality not hatchery quality ones

Those are gorgeous birds! Did you breed them? And are they yours? If you don’t mind me asking.
Those birds came from McKinney and Govero nearly 16 years ago well before they liquidated all their stock. The original breeding stock was there's but I did work with them for several years.
Is there such a thing as a blue laced gold? I saw someone talking about them a while back and had never heard of such a thing. But this girl's color reminded me of seeing that color mentioned.
It does exist. Many years ago when they were first imported people crossed them into Gold-laced Wyandottes to make more. Those birds lost the mahogany gene and is why they are not a deep bay-red like they should be. One of the hatcheries is actually offering a Blue-laced Gold Wyandotte now.
If the OP's bird is "splash laced red" why does she look gold and light blue/lavendar? Rather than red a basically "white" like the splash laced reds posted above? (Just trying to learn here. :) )
Because it isn't well-bred. I always post it, but Foley's Waterfowl has excellent examples of what the variety should look like.

Blue-laced Red:

1614372949130.png

1614372961010.png

Splash-laced Red:

1614372972001.png

1614372978799.png

1614372988968.png

Back
Top Bottom