Blue Laced Red Wyandotte..My very favorite! Is she a he? Sniff...

I could be mistaken, but I'm voting pullet (girl). The whole body to me just says pullet...but I am a little concerned about the comb/wattles.......

I hope it's a hen for you!

Sharon

scratch'n'peck :

Such a pretty chicken-whether male or female. I wonder if you will rethink keeping a rooster. If you can't, you should be able to find a nice home for the chicken on BYC forum. I had to look up BLR and I saw some beautiful pics of the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte adult plumage.

I would love to keep 1 or 2 Roos..We live in a AG/80 Zone so Chickens..Livestock are not an issue..I also live on 5 acres but do have neighbors on each side..not super close but close enough.

hubby feels a roo would disturb them..I say we live in a zone for Agric. so I guess it is to be expected..I also don't want trouble..

but I will not give this sweet boy to someone who will eat him..He can only go to a good loving home..It will be heartbreaking!

So are these type of Roo's hard to place? If it comes to this I certainly will place a notice on this board first..​

Quote:
Yipee! I Vote for and with Sharon!! LOL
lol.png

I think you would be able to find a good home for a blue laced red Wyandotte Roo, if this is what your chicken turns out to be, after all that is not a really common color.
fl.gif
But I hope your favorite is a hen.

six weeks old?? I think that's a roo. here's what happened to mine:
10 wks old - notice, red, but not as red of a comb as yours:
51848_p1010506.jpg

51848_p1010509.jpg

See those dark feathers?

12-13 weeks old:
51848_blrwroo.jpg

Rooster!

Last edited:
Quote:
sad.png
sad.png
Yup..six weeks this Sat. Well..my Lady Gaga is soon to be Sir Elton John. Wow, beautiful boy you have there!
I see the darker feathers, and ummm yeah that comb is not as red. Uh boy, my baby seems to be a he.
Thanks for the pic!

I live in the city. My rooster isn't nearly as loud as other neighbors' dogs. When we got our rooster, we asked the neighbors if he bothered them. They all said they liked hearing him and that he wasn't nearly as loud as the dogs. You can't even hear him in the morning from the house before the chickens are let out. And he's a pretty loud roo!

I've noticed one thing with most of my Wyandottes I've had. The pullets get pink combs earlier than females of other breeds seem to for some reason. At least, that's my own experience. That's pretty dark raised and red for that age, though, so at six weeks old, I'd still say it's a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom