Blue Laced Red Wyandotte..My very favorite! Is she a he? Sniff...

Oh my goodness! I have the identical twin to your little love bug! Mine is SUPER lovey, and my absolute favorite bird. I too, believe I have a he...I need to get some pictures uploaded. I have 2 splash and 2 blue, and I have suspicions on at least 2... If anyone has any pics of their 6 week old or so, pullets, splash or blue, and wouldnt mind posting, I would really appreciate it! I would love to see how they develop, they are my first BLRW's.
smile.png
Thanks!!

Oh my goodness! I have the identical twin to your little love bug! Mine is SUPER lovey, and my absolute favorite bird. I too, believe I have a he...I need to get some pictures uploaded. I have 2 splash and 2 blue, and I have suspicions on at least 2... If anyone has any pics of their 6 week old or so, pullets, splash or blue, and wouldnt mind posting, I would really appreciate it! I would love to see how they develop, they are my first BLRW's.
smile.png
Thanks!!

I don't get the whole thing about the darker feathers. I have a BLRW who is a bit younger than yours (also the sweetest lil' girl!) can you tell me if mine has the dreaded 'dark feathers' ?
83336_1777.jpg

83336_1666.jpg

83336_1444.jpg

thanks!

Dark feathers on mine (pictured above) weren't really noticeable until 8 weeks or so. I thought it was a girl until then. it acted like a girl, looked like a girl, etc. Skinny legs, very shy. Was a huge surprise when those hackle/saddle feathers started coming out.

Here's a KNOWN girl (she is broody right now and lays eggs) at about 8 weeks (I think, would have to check picture date to be sure).. She went pink early but didn't get RED until laying age.

51848_p1010178.jpg

Same chicken @ 14 weeks:

51848_p1010209.jpg

As you can see comb still pink, not red..

Keep us updated OP! Will be a pretty chickie either way.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Awww i would love to see some pics! I have hm (my little love bug) and the two others (not as lovey as him) but he DARN! is my fav. too..I will try to get some more pics and some of the others..which I think may be girls?
big_smile.png
Now, I am terrible at the coloring..and these are my first birds..Is he a "splash'"? or blue?

Quote:
Awww i would love to see some pics! I have hm (my little love bug) and the two others (not as lovey as him) but he DARN! is my fav. too..I will try to get some more pics and some of the others..which I think may be girls?
big_smile.png
Now, I am terrible at the coloring..and these are my first birds..Is he a "splash'"? or blue?

Splash I believe!
So pretty!

Back
Top Bottom