Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I thought I would have to wait till spring also. Mine are just under 7 months and 2 have started to lay. The first egg (BLRW) I got was the same size as my PRB, and she only started laying 5 days earlier. They are getting bigger now, at least you can tell they are from a LF and not a bantam.

Hi. Am new to this thread. Am looking for someone close to GA who is selling BLRW hatching eggs. Would like to get some for January. Anyone have any?

Mine are not laying either. Sorry. I also have some test mating to do and find out what hens are carrying straight comb genes.
roll.png
but I have to wait for them to start laying too
he.gif

ki4got.... I am going to cross the BLRW hens with a Partridge Rock Roo to see about the combs.... Am I wrong in thinking that would still make some pretty babies I could sell for layers? He is VERY dark red like the BLRW should be and since he carries the patterning genes too I am hoping for some pretty test babies
fl.gif
How many would be a good test hatch from each hen? 10???? I have 4 hens to test him with and don't want to be too overwhelmed with mutt chicks.

Back
Top Bottom