Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ilovemydog, Mar 16, 2011.

1. pebcrb

pebcrb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2013
    grays harbor, wa
    My 8wk old chick seems to be losing feathers. Nothing severe just finding one or two on occation, is that normal?

2. mhamilton

mhamilton Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Idaho
    I'm trying decide on which to keep for breeders and which to cull, I have 3 roosters, and 9 hens, only about 4-5 weeks old. Out of all those, 4 are blrw, and 2 are slw, the rest are the feed store variety for eggs. I want to be able to "refill" My chicken stock with pure bred, so I'm not really concerned with my feed store pullets, just eggs and pets.
    Out of my silvers, I have one roo and one hen, and out of the blue laced reds i have 2 roos and 2 hens. Hens are one splash color, and one black color, and I'm pretty sure both roosters are blue, one maybe a black, or just a dark blue. I've had all their pics up here at one point. Should I wait on their personality to choose a keeper (they will be pets too, and I have kids), so far the silver roo is the nicest. The prettiest blue roo likes Peck me a little when i want to hold him.

3. Scott H

Scott H Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Twin Lakes, ID
    My Coop
    Normal............

4. beckyb1971

beckyb1971 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2012
    nw georgia
    this is our blrw his parents are splash he is a lot darker than they are. I've read on here that splash chicks would be lighter. [​IMG]

5. pebcrb

pebcrb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2013
    grays harbor, wa
    I also have heard splashxsplash= splash but your chick is pretty blue. My chick is black :(

6. mhamilton

mhamilton Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Idaho
    More pics, first of my Black blrw pullet, and then of my purdy blue Rooster. Oh, he is getting prettier every day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. uphilljill

uphilljill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    Southern Adirondacks, NY
    Would this be splash or just a very light blue? As chicks I suspected splash, but he/she's light gray now. If it's a he, does light blue also dilute red? Thx,

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  8. uphilljill

Jun 14, 2012
    Southern Adirondacks, NY
    Another pic of the head...
    [​IMG]

9. uphilljill

Jun 14, 2012
    Southern Adirondacks, NY
    [​IMG]

10. CountryHen19

CountryHen19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    Woodburn, IN
    I finally get to post! Brought home 7 BLRW chicks tonight (along with 3 SFH)...I have been trying to read the thread from the beginning but now that I have them, I want to spend more time with them than the computer.

I don't have any pics of mine at home yet (tomorrow hopefully) but here is a picture of the other member who hatched them for both of us took the other day of the first group. They are so cute and I got a few of the 'runts' who are just smaller than the others.

[​IMG]

take care!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by