Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ilovemydog, Mar 16, 2011.

1. mhamilton

mhamilton Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Idaho
    And I think this one is a black? I'm pretty sure a pullet, I'll try for a close up later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. delisha

delisha Overrun With Chickens

Oct 13, 2012
    Racine, WI -
    My Coop

3. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    They look like dark blues. I think you have one of each sex.

4. pebcrb

pebcrb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2013
    grays harbor, wa
    My chicks is the same coloring think it might be a black unless they lighten as they grow. [​IMG]

5. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    These pictures =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mhamilton

mhamilton Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Idaho
    Here is another of my roosters, trying to figure out his final color. I think he is a blue, in this picture it's harder to tell than outside in person, but his lacing seems greyish in comparison to a pullet the same age who looks much more black. The lacing on his chest is coming in good so far, does the lacing line around each feather change with each molt? So far his lacing seems thick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. humphrey farms

humphrey farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2012
    Naples Maine
    I have two hens from them and a rooster. The rooster gets lots of compliments via forums and the hens for their type. However, the hens coloring isnt as dark as I would like and I always get a splash when they send me a straight run. I believe their roos are better colored than their hens.

8. humphrey farms

humphrey farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2012
    Naples Maine
    I have two hens from them and a rooster. The rooster gets lots of compliments via forums and the hens for their type. However, the hens coloring isnt as dark as I would like and I always get a splash when they send me a straight run. I believe their roos are better colored than their hens.

9. newtwinmom

newtwinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2012
    East Texas
    Five week update pics as requested, and please take a gender guess!!! I have another broody and am trying to decide if I want to track down some BLRW eggs for her. I really want a blue hen and if this is a roo (the other is a black) then I'm going shopping!
    [​IMG]
    Are these hackle feathers are saying roo? They are coming in very pointy and dark.
    [​IMG]
    Nice lacing, finally!
    [​IMG]
    It is hard to capture in a picture, but I noticed some more solid mahogany feathers coming in over the shoulders.
    [​IMG]
    The comb color is washed a little here but really it is not overly red. Less so then the wattles.
    [​IMG]

10. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    i'd say start shopping...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by