Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Those are pretty chicks! I also can't wait till mine get bigger and are running around the yard.
lol.png

Quote:
Did the gold laced and silver laced come from the same place? The light one is a splash the other 2 the picture is too dark to tell if they are black or blue laced..they have the same blue genetics as all other blue.The BL feather sex at hatch pretty well.They are a little young to tell much about them still...they are very slow to mature compared to other birds but so worth the wait.

The pretty Burgundy is for sale...Foley's has them...and I do but mine are not for sale yet
hide.gif
all of my birds are straight from Foley's though after attempts with other breeders and having to cull all of them out of my flocks for straight combs,bad lacing etc they may be "cheaper" to buy but they are a lot more expensive in the long run
This is a roo we bought from Jerry this past fall...and his picture.Sadly not long after he got here he was killed by a hawk.He is going to be missed here for a long time as he had a whole lot going for him.
35655_blrw_roo.jpg

Here is my Splash Roo also from Jerry..he had to live in the shadow of Mr Whiney so in an attempt to get my attention when he took over he showed me just how talented he really is
35655_christmas_and_birds_443.jpg

It doesn't show it well but he has very good lacing all the way to his shank.His hens are always hiding from the camera but he has a black blue and splash living with him.

Quote:
Did the gold laced and silver laced come from the same place? The light one is a splash the other 2 the picture is too dark to tell if they are black or blue laced..they have the same blue genetics as all other blue.The BL feather sex at hatch pretty well.They are a little young to tell much about them still...they are very slow to mature compared to other birds but so worth the wait.

I got the yellow and silver from meyers hatchery, the 3 I pictured are supposed to be blue laced red. I got them from Hodges Farms, I found them on here. But I have had a lot of problems with them(like I never even got an email that my chicks were ready to ship after 2 failed hatches) so I wouldn't doubt if they screwed me.
barnie.gif

Quote:

I got the yellow and silver from meyers hatchery, the 3 I pictured are supposed to be blue laced red. I got them from Hodges Farms, I found them on here. But I have had a lot of problems with them(like I never even got an email that my chicks were ready to ship after 2 failed hatches) so I wouldn't doubt if they screwed me.
barnie.gif

That's what I thought that's why I asked where you got the others..oh the things I could post on Hodges..oh man all I can say is NEVER again..
The Blue laced come in all 3 colors so the splash is still blue laced..and hey they sent you rose comb chicks..be thankful there. I kept 1 pullet out of a total of 24 chicks she has more of a rock tail..like many BL have than I want but I'm going to see what happens with her...I suspect lots of single combs will hatch from that hen.
I'm lucky that I live close to Foley's..I'm heading up there again next week to get more BL chicks and some Partridge chicks and possibly another BL Roo..they are super nice to work with and will never leave there feeling you were screwed..you will leave adding a new friend to your list.
The Splash Roo in the picture was only about 9 months in that picture so he's still filling out.I've always liked him but he's getting nicer every day now he's getting older.

Quote:
barnie.gif

That's what I thought that's why I asked where you got the others..oh the things I could post on Hodges..oh man all I can say is NEVER again..
The Blue laced come in all 3 colors so the splash is still blue laced..and hey they sent you rose comb chicks..be thankful there. I kept 1 pullet out of a total of 24 chicks she has more of a rock tail..like many BL have than I want but I'm going to see what happens with her...I suspect lots of single combs will hatch from that hen.
I'm lucky that I live close to Foley's..I'm heading up there again next week to get more BL chicks and some Partridge chicks and possibly another BL Roo..they are super nice to work with and will never leave there feeling you were screwed..you will leave adding a new friend to your list.
The Splash Roo in the picture was only about 9 months in that picture so he's still filling out.I've always liked him but he's getting nicer every day now he's getting older.

That totally sucks. SO did she probably send me EE too and not ameraucanas?

They have true Ameraucana's they are not that bad actually..but the prices are high.I do have a few of their Marans that are very nice but it's not worth putting up with the stuff that goes with buying from them...you know
he.gif

Their BL are darker red than hatchery stock but it doesn't look like they are doing anything to improve the type or get rid of the single combs which they hatch lots of.More of a hatchery type thing just hatching out chicks to meet the demand and not caring about the quality.

Back
Top Bottom