Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Oh man , my first experience incubating eggs, I got 5 BLRW eggs and only 2 made it to lockdown . One is pipped this morning!!!!!!!
I am so excited!

Jenn

Last edited:
Oh man , my first experience incubating eggs, I got 5 BLRW eggs and only 2 made it to lockdown . One is pipped this morning!!!!!!!
I am so excited!

Jenn

hooray! post pics when they hatch!
ya.gif

Right now I have 6 BLRW eggs under my broody hen Bertha (black copper marans). they are on day 11, so in about 10 days I'll have some chick pics too!

Wanted to share some more pics!! Some Beautiful birds on these pages. Bought these guys as chicks,and couldnt be happier! Happy chicken keeping.

Last edited:
For those of you show in open shows: how do you show the BLR beings it's not a recognized color? I have some pretty bantams, and I'd love to enter them at our upcoming open show...but need to know how:) thanks!

For those of you show in open shows: how do you show the BLR beings it's not a recognized color? I have some pretty bantams, and I'd love to enter them at our upcoming open show...but need to know how:) thanks!

You just enter them in the show the same as you would any other breed. Yours would be shown as blue laced red Wyandotte bantams in the RCCL class. Because they are not a recognized variety they are not supposed to place any higher than best of variety. That being said, I did have one judge give one of my birds reserve of breed at an open APA poultry show. I have on a number of occasions seen blue laced reds placed higher than best of variety at fairs where the judge was not an APA recognized judge.

You just enter them in the show the same as you would any other breed.  Yours would be shown as blue laced red Wyandotte bantams in the RCCL class.  Because they are not a recognized variety they are not supposed to place any higher than best of variety.  That being said, I did have one judge give one of my birds reserve of breed at an open APA poultry show.  I have on a number of occasions seen blue laced reds placed higher than best of variety at fairs where the judge was not an APA recognized judge.

Thanks Jen! That's what I was thinking. I'll let you know how they do! :)

Back
Top Bottom