Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

here is my possible breeding roo what do you guys think of him? he is the slowest to feather out and i hope that means good lacing.

nice straight tail set..round body..thick wide skull

Darker color coming in at the center wing...Nice! great leg color,,nice toes
Beautiful lacing with great contrast..strong wide legs. Nice arch on neck..chest looks like it is deep.
I like him so far..He will moult out at least one more time and his darker color will come in. It looks like it should some in dark enough. Give it two-three more months. I love his lacing. That blue is perfect. The width of his legs is really nice too. Good color on them. In one month look where all that fluff is now..there should be some nice dark feathering coming in on his back..all that orange should be gone in a few months. Patience...So far I really like his potential. Please post pictures of his progress. I would like to see his silhouette and how his chest comes in. He looks like a nice hefty bird. Bricks first. patience.

Hatchling peeking out!

smile.png

Update photo on my lil BLRW! Well, one of them anyway-mama won't let me near the other :(. Now four weeks old...

22B935E6-51E3-4E4A-931B-CB342506085F-4437-00000229DFA0244C.jpg

4A5F85FB-7549-4193-95A3-83A34C110A44-4437-00000229E3EBDE54.jpg

Is this fairly appropriate color and lacing for this age? Also wondering if this will end up being a roo-note the pinking up wattles :(

Peeking in! My blrw chicks are about 2 weeks old, and I'm still completely befuddled on who might be a boy and who might be girl. They're all feathering in at about the same rate, so I can't go by that yet. Did you all ever decide if the close together/far apart 'barring' on chicks wings was a somewhat reliable way to judge sex before they start to pink up? I need to decide if I need to get more eggs in the near future if I have mostly boys (which is my gut feeling).
anyone?

Back
Top Bottom