Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Yea ive taken mine out everyday since they were a couple days old, bout at the time the lows were low 50s and I was remodeling their coop , they just peeped around while I worked, they loved it. I.started with with just a couple hours and quickly increased tip all day. They peep and chirp as soon as they see me in the morning, like they are saying we are ready to go play! Lol
They like eating all the bugs from my 12x20 garden, haven't tried to.eat any of the veggies either, which is cool.
My kitten likes playing with them on the garden too, its like hide and seek!lol

Yea ive taken mine out everyday since they were a couple days old, bout at the time the lows were low 50s and I was remodeling their coop , they just peeped around while I worked, they loved it. I.started with with just a couple hours and quickly increased tip all day. They peep and chirp as soon as they see me in the morning, like they are saying we are ready to go play! Lol
They like eating all the bugs from my 12x20 garden, haven't tried to.eat any of the veggies either, which is cool.
My kitten likes playing with them on the garden too, its like hide and seek!lol

Well, I think we all deserve A cute kitten and chicken picture.

Our BLRB Wyandotte squatted for me last night and I was able to reach down and touch her. Are eggs to follow? She looks a little older than the other two, more red in the comb and bigger wattles, approx. 6 months old.

Never could touch her before last night.

Last edited:
Our BLRB Wyandotte squatted for me last night and I was able to reach down and touch her. Are eggs to follow? She looks a little older than the other two, more red in the comb and bigger wattles, approx. 6 months old.

Expect eggs 7 -10 days after they start squatting.

Bad news, sorry I couldn't get the cute kitten/chicken pic! Not long after I posted that we had a pretty bad storm and lost power, ill definitely try tomorrow!
And on another note, my chicks first night in the coop! Lil worried but I think they will be fine, they were during the storm ( woohoo!) Built it myself! 100% reviled materials! Anyway wish my babies a nice quiet night!

Beautiful place..I see you have them trained not to poop on the porch..you need to give my birds lessons.

My birds do not follow any rules..not even squatting rules. I use the...when the rooster starts to breed or they start checking out the nest box..they are getting ready.

Beautiful place..I see you have them trained not to poop on the porch..you need to give my birds lessons.

My birds do not follow any rules..not even squatting rules. I use the...when the rooster starts to breed or they start checking out the nest box..they are getting ready.

I have had a roo mating a pullet for a month and no eggs! Frustrating.

My only BLRWs and they are both roos. I know Branson is a splash but what is Mr Carson? He had all his tail and back feathers pulled when transferring to the big run. Maybe overcrowding of the temporary cage in the run? Treated with Veterycin spray and he stayed in our house for 2 weeks until raw area was healed enough. Not using for breeding, just protectors of my girls.

Back
Top Bottom