Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

9 week update photos! I'm now thinking maybe pullet????? I expected more wattle by now.

3E692B9C-32E3-4370-9E9E-AC11D79586C8-190-0000000CBE57B012.jpg

ED3A86D5-02CA-4A4F-A6C7-7A9A604EE035-190-0000000CB992A32E.jpg

9BC63161-CEF9-4AD5-AFBA-A70AADAC2B83-190-0000000CB4A65C28.jpg

035F95DE-243F-4D0B-8D5C-CC89718C89C8-190-0000000CC33B7806.jpg

i have a rooster of the same color, same age. mine has huge wattles and comb, so big his wattles jiggle, but his litter mate roo, chip, has much smaller comb and wattles, but still a roo. my blue roo is trying to crow right now too.
my pullets face look more like yours in the face, getting redder, but not really growing.
hopefully you've got a breakfast provider!

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas where I could buy some REALLY good quality hatching eggs? 
I'm not concerned about price - I may not be able to buy them right now if they are expensive, but I would love to get my hands on some REALLY great quality birds and thought you guys might know who has great birds and sells hatching eggs.

We have a pure Foley flock, the babies I can see growing up here have good lacing. There is one of my grand babies on this thread a few pages back...

Roo or pullet?
Joking, this is Blue, 9.5 weeks.
he had a reddish head as a chick.

And a pullet of the same age, Java is her name.

this picture is of the above two, at 4 weeks or so. blue is in the back, and java is in front. java turned out black, and blue.... well turned out blue.

are you sure?  java looks blue to me... darker than the roo, but still blue.

no, not 100% sure. i guessed color based on comparison between the 4 i have. one splash and one blue for sure, then what i thought was a black, (java), and one that must be a dark blue? he's darker than Blue, my obvious blue rooster, but lighter than Java, who i thought was black.

Thank you for your input. I'll try taking another set of photos next time not near sundown as I did. He/she is a little bit skitish and camera than the others.

Quote: This is blue..
The confusion is.... that blues come in a variety of shades. If you breed blue to blue..only 50% will have the correct shade of blue out of the 50% produced. The blue for breeding and showing is a slate blue. They are all beautiful blues, and something that can be darkened with correct breeding. Splash is pale..or considered almost white by some. I hate posting more links since many think my links are confusing, but, you can try :
There are several splash you can see in the picture gallery.

http://www.bluelacedred.com/gallery1.html

Last edited:
This is blue..
The confusion is.... that blues come in a variety of shades. If you breed blue to blue..only 50% will have the correct shade of blue. The blue for breeding and showing is a slate blue. They are all beautiful blues, and something  that can be darkened with correct breeding.  Splash is pale..or considered almost white by some. I hate posting more links since many think my links are confusing, but, you can try :
There are several splash you can see in the picture gallery.

http://www.bluelacedred.com/gallery1.html
Thank you! That helped a lot!

Back
Top Bottom