Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I've been thinking he is a boy. I'll wait for him to start crowing before I put an add out
1f62a.png

This is not for anyone in particular, this is for everyone as a reminder. It is my opinion and nothing more.

One of the most important part of animal husbandry for chickens is butchering and killing. It is not fair or responsible to give the burden of an ill or unwanted bird to someone else. The spread of disease is rampant from irresponsible owners. It is not fair to the bird to allow it to suffer until its dead either. That is poor management and poor planning and simply poor animal husbandry. Chickens do not live a long life and are not pets in the pet sense. Vet care is expensive and most do not take chickens to a vet.Most vets have 0 knowledge about chickens. Being prepared for unwanted males and illness and injury is part of owning birds. Right now animal shelters are over flowing with unwanted chickens. It is a shame. We have turned into disposable keepers. We dump off dogs that pee on the rug and chickens that have the wrong sex. What is wrong with this picture?

If you can't have males..buy a female
If you can't cull out of humanity..find someone who will
know what you are getting into before you get into it.

This is not for anyone in particular, this is for everyone as a reminder. It is my opinion and nothing more.

One of the most important part of animal husbandry for chickens is butchering and killing. It is not fair or responsible to give the burden of an ill or unwanted bird to someone else. The spread of disease is rampant from irresponsible owners.  It is not fair to the bird to allow it to suffer until its dead either. That is poor management and poor planning and simply poor animal husbandry. Chickens do not live a long life and are not pets in the pet sense. Vet care is expensive and most do not take chickens to a vet.Most vets have 0 knowledge about chickens.  Being prepared for unwanted males and illness and injury is part of owning birds. Right now animal shelters are over flowing with unwanted chickens. It is a shame. We have turned into disposable keepers. We dump off dogs that pee on the rug and chickens that have the wrong sex. What is wrong with this picture? 

If you can't have males..buy a female
If you can't cull out of humanity..find someone who will
know what you are getting into before you get into it.

Amen

Back
Top Bottom