Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

your list is looking good. thanks for doing this.
thumbsup.gif

I have a GLW pullet, that has a " wry tail ". Not sure if that's the correct term. Will this cause problems down the road with laying ??

I know this is the BL thread, but you guys are very knowledgeable and I was hoping for some feed back

ok cross fingers for me...  i'll be going to 2 different shows in the next 4 weeks.

the VPBA show (near Richmond VA)  i'll just be going as a spectator and to see what's for sale (cross fingers i find the birds needed to replace those lost to predators)

i'll be showing in Knoxville (chicken dinner and his momma are going) as will smee (bantam) and possibly my new little girl.  LOL and also shopping for more of the same.

i dread giving baths this time of year tho.

when is the Knoxville show???? you are second person I have seen going. it is a bantams show right?

your list is looking good. thanks for doing this.
thumbsup.gif
Not a problem. It's fun to see who has what :)

ok cross fingers for me... i'll be going to 2 different shows in the next 4 weeks.

the VPBA show (near Richmond VA) i'll just be going as a spectator and to see what's for sale (cross fingers i find the birds needed to replace those lost to predators)

i'll be showing in Knoxville (chicken dinner and his momma are going) as will smee (bantam) and possibly my new little girl. LOL and also shopping for more of the same.

i dread giving baths this time of year tho.
Good luck in finding some new kids! Be careful with the blow dryer, to much heat can curl the feathers and you can end up with bunny tails. Found out the hard way...I put them in a draft free area and hang a heat lamp where they can access it if needed while drying.

Quote: the problem is, these birds are free ranging, so I bathe, they go right back out in the dirt again. LOL so i'd have to keep them caged for the few days leading up to the show... easier said than done. or else I bathe, to get the worst of the dirt off, then just don't worry about it.

Quote: December 7-8. it's an APA sanctioned show for lf and bantam and all other poultry, but is the ABA eastern nationals also.

Last edited:
the problem is, these birds are free ranging, so I bathe, they go right back out in the dirt again. LOL so i'd have to keep them caged for the few days leading up to the show... easier said than done. or else I bathe, to get the worst of the dirt off, then just don't worry about it.

December 7-8. it's an APA sanctioned show for lf and bantam and all other poultry, but is the ABA eastern nationals also.
There are quite a few people that show that don't bathe their birds but, that being said they keep them in a clean cage where they are not dust bathing.
food for thought... If they are not use to being handled and caged it can cause them to either shrink back in their cages (they pull their heads in so it looks like they have no neck and tails will go down) when viewed by the judge or freak. In either of those cases they will not present themselves the best to the judge. It takes about 2 weeks to cage train a bird...

@ DMRippy............................. could you post a pic of a Blue laced silver ?? Please
She is the only one I have so far. I have her with a SLW Roo and another Splash Laced Red Wyadotte pullet to make more. Nobody is laying though..... but soon. I hope. I will eventually have blue and blacks running together.

I am working on Choc Laced too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom