Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Thank you very much! They are from Foley/Paul lines.. so far, 2 of each. I'm definitely tagging to see who turns out to be who and will post updates as they grow up :) ty!

Here is a photo of my one and only actual blue laced chick so far, all my others are black laced. I was quite scared with this one as there was only a few wing feathers that had color other than blue. She is now growing new feathers that are laced, I'm so excited. I do know she may not be very good quality however its a great accomplishment for me. Next year will be a whole new experience as I will have better birds.

Here are some of the 2014 Breeding flock.. The brassy roo will be removed in the Spring but for winter he is allowed for warmth.
big_smile.png
Couple are still in molt but coming in BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for the updated pictures. I had 4 hatch and so far mom has kept 2 alive. I am hoping she keeps them going. All her Orpingtons are doing well so she is being a good mom. I am not sure what happened with her other two BLRW. That dark chick is getting lacing on the wings so I am sure it is a black. The red is dark on it and not orange at all so I am happy about that.The other chick looks to be blue.

I might need more eggs in the spring if these are not pullets.

One of my black chicks this year

He is dark mahogany and filling out nice. I am going to use him next year.

Thanks for the updated pictures. I had 4 hatch and so far mom has kept 2 alive. I am hoping she keeps them going. All her Orpingtons are doing well so she is being a good mom. I am not sure what happened with her other two BLRW. That dark chick is getting lacing on the wings so I am sure it is a black. The red is dark on it and not orange at all so I am happy about that.The other chick looks to be blue.

I might need more eggs in the spring if these are not pullets.

One of my black chicks this year

He is dark mahogany and filling out nice. I am going to use him next year.
Nice prospect. I almost rethought selling my one black laced blrw this week but he didn't have good type anyway and in the same moment I was notified of you suggesting CS roo for breeding. I still have to hook up with Cuties to pick him up. I'm thinking I can make the whole drive over if I can call it a vacation/school experience for the boys homeschooling(sneaky me). I am also getting a brown egg from the blrw coop, it's either my blrw hen or the pullet is finally laying. I sold 3 dottes from that coop this week so theirs one 2 blrw, 2 americanas and a Adalusion, alot easier to tell who's laying. No colored eggs yet though. Weather has been too icky today to go out and watch for it. Got 3 eggs from the banty/pullet coop today so their finally starting to come around, no more store eggs.

Last edited:
It would be cheaper to ship him..
probably $60.00 ..
but ..she has some nice birds and you might end up leaving with a few..you will be able to see how big your boy is going to get too. She has a male from the first breeding that is two months older. They pack on the weight and size after 7 months.

You will be able to see some of my English Orps over there too..

Last edited:
Here is a photo of my one and only actual blue laced chick so far, all my others are black laced. I was quite scared with this one as there was only a few wing feathers that had color other than blue. She is now growing new feathers that are laced, I'm so excited. I do know she may not be very good quality however its a great accomplishment for me. Next year will be a whole new experience as I will have better birds.

Delisha-will her color darken with age? that is if she's a she. Its a bit darker than photo as I used flash.

Back
Top Bottom