Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Oh men you got to be kidding, if this one is a boy I'm doomed 3 roos out of 4
sad.png
Oh, don't feel bad. This year for every hen I hatched ...............I also hatched 2 - 3 roos
he.gif
It didn't matter what the breed was. If you have the room, grow them up........................ they make great soup !

Oh men you got to be kidding, if this one is a boy I'm doomed 3 roos out of 4
sad.png

then it should give you a good selection to pick from on the roo... IMO having the best roo possible is important, since he's providing 50% of the genetics for all the chicks you plan to hatch. no matter how many hens you have.

that's why I still have shim and chicken dinner, along with their sire too. but only 1 girl right now. hoping to fix that when I go to the show in Knoxville...
fl.gif

Last edited:
If this is a roo then is gonna be best one, the other 2 one is a Hatchery quality and the other looks like a splash with wrong color more orange than mahogany the only hen that I have is prety much the same color as this chick in the picture but she's the sister I don't think is ok breed them right?
then it should give you a good selection to pick from on the roo...  IMO having the best roo possible is important, since he's providing 50% of the genetics for all the chicks you plan to hatch. no matter how many hens you have.

that's why I still have shim and chicken dinner, along with their sire too. but only 1 girl right now. hoping to fix that when I go to the show in Knoxville...  :fl

If this is a roo then is gonna be best one, the other 2 one is a Hatchery quality and the other looks like a splash with wrong color more orange than mahogany the only hen that I have is prety much the same color as this chick in the picture but she's the sister I don't think is ok breed them right?
Quote: I wouldn't worry about breeding hatch mates... even if it's full sib, one generation isn't going to hurt much. doing it over successive generations wouldn't be good overall.

breeding hatch mates, parent to offspring, etc is done quite often in the poultry world.

LOL it's 39 right now... but I think there's a difference in scale... mine aren't looking for shade, they'd love sunlight.

the difference between degrees F or C. LOL 30C I'd love, 30F nope. don't like it one bit.

Back
Top Bottom